I’m the author of a number of screen and stage plays. My stage plays include the NPI award-winning Capital, Fore, Samoan America, and No Sit – No Stand – No Lie, which opened the ‘Resilience of the Spirit’ Human Rights Festival. My screenplays, which have been optioned and sold, include The Tractor King, Fear the Meat, Free Radical (with Frank D’Angeli) and Stranded (with Frank D’Angeli).
My debut novel, The Last Island, is published by Betimes Books in Dublin. The novel was a Finalist in the 2014 San Diego Book Awards, an Amazon Literary Bestseller in the U.K. and reached #1 in Fiction at Amazon Australia. Click here to order.
I’m the Founder of Green Wind Media, an e-commerce company based in La Jolla, California, and a dual citizen of Ireland and the US.
You can contact me at: bigwaviddavid [at] gmail [dot] com
- I sometimes ride a unicycle when no one is looking.
- When surfing, I’m ironically called ‘Big Wave Dave’ due to my choice of waves.
- I once spent two straight months on my back (in traction for a broken neck).
- I think I don’t look like myself.
- I like dark beer and darker coffee.
- I don’t collect anything.
- I speak Greek fluently, but don’t understand it so well. (The same has been said about my English.)
- I believe turtles are onto something.